The neighbourhood of the new development Camilluccia 535

The property is located just a stone's throw from the Vigna Clara district and close to the famous Ponte Milvio

The property is located just a stone's throw from the Vigna Clara district and close to the famous Ponte Milvio, which together with Trastevere, is now the "heart" of the Eternal City's nightlife. It is located in the heart of Rome but is not suffocated by the traffic of the historic centre. It is in a strategic position because it is possible to reach every corner of the city through quick and easy connection routes.

Origin of the name

In the early 1800s, there was a tall, thin, curly-haired 25-year-old in Rome. His garden was Villa Borghese, and one day he decided to enlarge it by making it "overlook" Piazza del Popolo, becoming the de facto creator of the "Pincio". His name was Camillo Filippo Ludovico Borghese. The imaginative Prince had an estate to the north-east of the city, outside the walls, where he often went on horseback, crossing the river Tiber. When he visited the estate he passed a small road. He didn't give it a name. For him it was just the way to his country house. But the common people had given it a name: the "little road that leads to Camillo's estate". Camillo's road'. Camillo's little road". The "straduccia di Camillo". Finally the "camilluccia". From that day on, the street became known to the people as 'La Camilluccia' until the name became institutional in 1870.