- About Us
- Offices and contacts
Beautiful estate in the municipality of Rignano sull'Arno with the most breathtaking views.
The villa was built, according to an original inscription found in the attic, in 1561 around a Lombard watchtower (late 9th century). It is registered in the first land registry of the Grand Duchy of Tuscany, the Lorense Cadastre of the '700, with the original name of "Il Palazzo", but already 1125 it is mentioned in the notarial deeds collected in the State Archives of Florence, as the venue for a wedding between important Florentine families.
Currently, the main entrance stretches into the main salon with smaller rooms off to one side. The corridor with kitchen and main dining room on either side stretches out to a further bedroom and the main staircase leading to the upstairs bedrooms, bathrooms and billiard room.
The complex was subsequently enriched in 1802 by a frescoed chapel dedicated to Sant'Antonio, immediately adjacent to the villa, and, subsequently, an internal courtyard, a farmhouse and its agricultural annexes, the barn and the stables which, together with the well, overlook a large stone courtyard.
Between the 1800s and 1900s it was the residence of the Florentine Rigacci family, high officials in the service of the first Leopoldo's Tuscan government. From the early 1900s, first converted into a holiday home and then a home, it was equipped with a large well-kept garden and a collection of roses.
The large stone openings of the ancient tower have been maintained over time. In 1980 the facades of the building underwent an important conservative restoration - carried out with traditional lime plaster - which also allowed the recovery of the eighteenth-century frescoed borders of the attic and of the coat of arms overlooking the large door overlooking the Vallata dell 'Arno.
The agricultural lands have always been dedicated to traditional Tuscan olive crops, vines and wheat. Since the early 1980s, the Podere has been converted into one of the first organic Tuscan farms. Today the agricultural land has about 1000 olive trees in production, 1.3 hectares of vineyard prepared for the vinification of Chianti Colli Fiorentini, over 3 hectares of flat arable land cultivated with wheat and alfalfa.