- About Us
- Offices and contacts
In the medieval heart of Bologna, a few steps from Piazza Maggiore, we find a residential property that extends for about 620 square meters within one of the best-known and best-preserved fifteenth-century buildings in the city; this residence is on three levels and has an independent entrance which is accessed from a common courtyard to other real estate units. The Palazzo, decorated in terracotta, was built in 1400 on the basis of a pre-existing late thirteenth-century building. In the courtyard with arcades where the artist Antonio Basoli also worked, for a long time there was one of the first private theaters in the city, which was only abandoned in the 19th century, while it is said that Leonardo Da Vinci was also a guest in the Renaissance period. In the hall on the main floor it is possible to admire paintings by Angelo Michele Colonna (1600-1687), while the Renaissance appearance is due to the work of the architect Aristotle Fioravanti (1415-1486); the very fine terracotta in the courtyard recall the hand of Sperindio (1425-1495). This property, absolutely unique in its kind, has been recently restored with great care and represents a perfect combination of classic and modern style. Inside there are frescoes from the late school of Leonardo da Vinci; the exposure is optimal, and the halls and rooms are characterized by impressive heights and large representative dimensions. Seventeenth-century boiserie enrich the apartment, making it an integral part, as well as the coffered ceilings and the large and monumental fireplaces. Internally the property unfolds starting from the ground floor where a staircase leads to the first of the available floors where there is a comfortable atrium, a first living room, a large dining room, the kitchen, four bedrooms of various sizes and partly mezzanines and three bathrooms, as well as a storage room and a technical compartment. On the second floor we find a large and wonderful attic, wanting a real independent apartment, equipped with a large bathroom, an important culmination and heights that make it perfectly habitable, bright and characterized by suggestive exposed beams, overlooking monuments historical and ancient churches. This property is protected by the Superintendency of Fine Arts, which provided a favorable opinion for the construction of an internal lift to the property, has independent heating and has a parking space inside the courtyard of the building.